Tuesday, December 14, 2010

~::Football!!!::~

I am a Man United fan since Eric Cantona's Era..that was around mid 1990's right?? Well..since I grew up with my brother (1 year apart)..so you know how I got into this football craze. It is much easier when your mom is a fan too!!hahaha sometimes she would stay up with us to watch the game.


When Man U did their Asia Tour last year, I was one of the million fans that sat at the grand stand to watch the game. Bukit Jalil was superbly packed with RED shirts! They were rooting for their favourite player. I quite old school though, as I set my eyes on Giggs and Scholes..(Park Ji Sung was not there..recovering from injury).

When everyone was expecting Malaysian to be squeeze and humiliated by the most popular club ever in the world..they actually did very well!!! Huroooooooooo!!!! Man U scored the first goal~ Huuuroooooooo0000!!!! Here came the second goal~

But did you know how Malaysian reacted when Amri Yahya scored Malaysian first goal???? It was a total chaos!!!!!!!!! I would say most (everyone) people did not see it came. Amri Yahya volleyed the ball from the center line and defeated Edwin Van de Sar. I could assure you 99.9% people that actually there, did not even bother to support Malaysian team. There were less than 50 people wearing Harimau Muda's jersey ( I wore a Red shirt too).

As soon as Amri scored the first goal..everyone was on their feet!!! Cheering and clapping were everywhere!!!!! Standing ovation was not an abnormal scene. I screamed my heart out!!!!! Then came the second goal from Amri..beaten Ben Foster...it was just too much...too emotional....you could feel the stadium was shaken by the roaring....of course Man U won at last with 3-2 score. (they must felt really relieved then..being able to beat the rank 100++ country) hahahaha

Just before the game..I came across this stall outside the stadium, selling Harimau Muda's jerseys. Then came this little brat saying, 'Blah la Malaysia..ape kelas...kene belasah punye la karang!!!' (english translation : Malaysia is no match to Man U as they will be the English's punching bag). Right after the game, I happened to take the same road and totally dumbfounded by what I saw. The Harimau Muda's jerseys were sold out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Woww, the little brat must not dare to show his face ever again.. Just then I realised..how much Malaysian still valued their own football team.

Malaysia then won the SEA Game's gold medal after 20++ years. We may not have another Mokhtar Dahari..but we can play as a team!!! After all, it takes everyone's contribution to win a game. A powerful team can't be build overnight....Let's cheer for our national football team!!!

p/s

Support Malaysian team for this semi final against Vietnam in Suzuki AFF Cup!!!!!!! Get your ticket now!!!!!

No comments: